Why Santa dropped by my place todayNovember 30, 2010 at 2:32 am | Posted in art, biscuit recipes, Christmas, country life, country living, family, food, hand knit dishcloths, knitted washrags, knitting, Life, love, recipes, yarn | Leave a comment
Tags: art, country living, friends, friendship, inspiration, knitting, Life, love, photography, women
I have been working on creating a new deluxe limited edition version of my Biscuit Blanket Kit.
Some time ago I came across these gorgeous Espresso colored gift boxes that are 6″ x 6″ x 4″ and I knew that all of the goodies I put into a Biscuit Blanket kit would fit perfectly inside of one. I also knew that the yarn, the note card and the recipe cards would look scrumptious inside a box that color.
So, I ordered 100 of the gift boxes and have put together 50 of the kits in five different color combinations.
The kit includes a download of the original Biscuit Blanket pattern. However, if you already have that pattern you can buy the kit and then email me with a different pattern you would like a download for, and I will substitute for you.
While packaging them up I discovered that a knitted Biscuit Blanket folded in quarters fits perfectly inside the gift box, which makes it even more perfect as a choice.
The other thing is that at 4″ tall, the box will accomodate one (or more) 8-oz jars of homemade preserves or jelly perfectly … another wonderful bonus.
When I put together the first sample kit and saw the rich combination of colors I just knew I had hit on something would delight my readers.
This Deluxe, Limited Edition kit comes with:
- Online download for the original Biscuit Blanket knitting pattern
- Two balls of my private label 100% super soft cotton yarn
- One hand-wound mini-ball of cotton yarn in an accent color
- One beautiful “Espresso” colored gift box perfectly sized for a completed Biscuit Blanket
- Two pieces of tissue paper in Vanilla Cream for gift wrapping
- One piece of coordinating ribbon or tulle (varies) for tying the gift box
- One notecard featuring a print of one of my (J. L. Fleckenstein) original oil paintings (notecards vary)
- Two beautiful recipe cards featuring my Biscuit Recipe that I won a Blue Ribbon for (one for you, one for your gift recipient; the recipe is set against a background featuring a beautiful color photograph from my blog
Supplies are limited, color choices are limited, and will be shipped on a first come, first served basis until sold out.
Best wishes to all,