Instructions for the Pike’s Peak Project 2007 Navigation Code
An essential factor in the Pike’s Peak 2007 “From Sea to Shining Sea” project is that each participating blog entry will feature a “North, South, East, West” navigation tool to allow readers to navigate to entries from other states from any blog. The idea is that a participating writer will choose someone else’s post north of them, south, east, and west.
This is what the navigation should look like on your blog:
Here is what you do:
- Write your “From Sea to Shining Sea” blog post.
- Visit the Pike’s Peak Participants page to find urls to other participating writer’s blogs.
- Choose four blogs to link to: north, south, east, and west of where you live. [Note: If you cannot find a blog url in the list for any particular direction, select any url that you wish so that you can include four links in your blog.]
- Click here to get the html code for the navigation.
- Insert the blog urls you have chosen in the part of the code that reads “INSERT_BLOG_ADDRESS_HERE”.
- Copy and paste the html code into your blog, at the end of your post. [NOTE: Be sure to use the “html” mode or “code” when you insert the code into your blog post.]
- Test the links to make sure they each are working properly.
- If you have any problems, email me for help and I’ll see what I can do.
Good luck, and thank you so much for your participation.